Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

She stands. So, should I buy a walker?

This question is puzzling around me. My mum said it's not good for baby. Hubby said so. And I also do agrees with it. But, i look for any statement that said about it as a fact, as a prove from the one or any organization. And i found it here and here.

"Should I buy a walker?
The short answer: No! Canada has banned the sale of walkers, and the American Academy of Pediatrics supports a similar ban in the United States. Each year, thousands of children end up in the hospital due to injuries from using walkers, such as toppling down the stairs or reaching a hot stove.
Bouncers and elliptical seats aren't good ideas, either. While they hold kids in an upright position, they don't help them learn to walk any faster. In fact, these devices may even delay walking if they're used too often. A child's body is not aligned correctly when he sits in one of them. Your baby's much better off on the floor or in a playpen."


And.. no walker, please! Yeah, save my money. No..no, I have to buy her playpen (have to discuss with abi) because she's a mobile . Moving around to forbidden place. Don't worry aisyah, ummi just put you in your playpen while i was cooking because it's dangerrous for you to help me in the kitchen. Yeah, when i was cooking, she will ask me to hold her. She wanted to see what dishes that i cooked! And she wanted to help me kacau-kacau that dishes . Huahaha... Aisyah ni.

No comments: